Collins Scrabble Words (CSW19) will be valid for all UK games from July 1 2019.
There are not that many new words to learn, compared to previous world list changes. For example, there are only 3 new two letter words. (EW, OK, ZE)
There are 6 three letter words to learn :
BAE - a sweetheart or lover
BAO – a steamed dumpling
DOX – to publish a document on the internet
UME – a fleshy, yellow fruit
VAX – short for vaccination
ZEN – a state of calm attentiveness
To help you remember the words, and associate them with other allowable words here are some simple quizzes based on 3 of these words.
1. Besides B, what other letters can precede AE to make a three letter word ?
2. Besides BAE and BAO what are the other three letter words that start BA ?
3. What other three words end AO ? (besides BAO)
4. What are the other 3 anagrams of BAO ? (besides BAO)
5. Besides DOX , what three letter words start with DO ?
6. Besides DOX, what other three letter words end with OX ?
1. . DAE, FAE, GAE, HAE, KAE, MAE, NAE, SAE, TAE, VAE, WAE, YAE + BAE
2. BAA, BAC, BAD, BAG, BAH, BAL, BAM, BAN, BAP, BAR, BAS, BAT, BAY + BAE,BAO
3. HAO, TAO + BAO
4. ABO, BOA, OBA +BAO
5. DOB, DOC, DOD, DOE, DOF, DOG, DOH, DOL, DOM, DON, DOO, DOP, DOR, DOS,DOT, DOW, DOY + DOX
6. BOX, COX, FOX, GOX, HOX, LOX, NOX, POX, SOX, VOX, WOX + DOX