East Berks Scrabble will be re-opening on Thursday 19th August 1930-2230.
The first 2 meetings will be 'members' only, so that we can accustom ourselves to the playing arrangements detailed below. From September 2, visitors will be welcomed. We request that visitors are aware of the guidelines below or any subsequent alterations we may publish.
We look forward to seeing everyone again after August 19th.
The committee had a meeting on 20thJuly and the following points were discussed and decided upon.
We are planning on returning to the Scrabble Club on 19thAugust. This is the first Thursday after which self-isolation rules will have been completely lifted by the government for double vaccinated individuals.
We will still have precautionary measures in place which will include the following.
1. Please note this point was amended 8/8/21 to be:
We would encourage the wearing of masks. However, we appreciate that this may be uncomfortable when worn for 3 hours and would encourage members to take short "breathers" outside (weather permitting the patio doors will be open) or in the corridor during the evening. If both players in a game agree, then masks do not need to be worn for that game.
2. We will have bottles of sanitising liquid outside the door to the playing room and would request that everyone uses it prior to entry.
3. If you wish to make a drink in the kitchen, only one person at a time should do so or you may bring your own refreshment if you want to. If you do use the kitchen then please wash up after yourself.
4. Only one person at a time of each gender to visit the toilets.
5. If you leave the room for any reason please re-sanitise your hands before returning to the playing room.
6. If you are not feeling well in any way please do not come to the club.
7. If you need to challenge a word then please write it down and take it to the nearest table to your own to have it checked.
Weather permitting, we will endeavour to have the double doors open for ventilation in the playing room.
The precautionary measures that have been drawn up above are correct as of 20th July 2021 and may need to be modified if there are changes in government guidelines.